Friday, October 8, 2010

Trying Out for the Part of Susie Homemaker

Lately, I've been perplexed with the question "What should I do with myself?". I've just finished an amazing yet rigorous five month internship at Vogue and my undergraduate career is complete. Other college graduates have shared stories of their summer boredom with me, but I just blew them off.  I live for sleep-in-days, so I honestly thought anyone who takes having nothing to do for granted is insane.  I quickly found out that watching re-runs of "The Bad Girls Club" gets really old. I was craving a task to get my mind off the fact that if I don't find a stable job soon I'll be the female version of Tyrese's infamous character Jody.

So, I took it upon myself to try to get in touch with my roots.  Specifically my homemaker roots. Before someone had the genius idea of wanting to work and fight in the military, us girls had to learn important life skills such as cooking, cleaning, sewing, being creatively submissive etc. I  decided I wanted to incorporate a few of those gems, sans being creatively submissive, in my life.

Here's my progress over a two day span:


My sister's friend just had a birthday. Without her permission I decided to wrap the gift. Yes I  even sewed the button on top. I have a lot of time on my hands people! 


I call these little mini bad girls "Strasberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes".  Not only are they adorable they taste good too. And yes, I made these while wearing heels and a cute little apron. I just felt like it was appropriate. 

So to my college graduates, what have you been doing to kill the boredom?  While YouTube videos are mildly amusing, they don't count :). 

1 comment:

时间 said...

0810jejeUne fois que vous considérerez air jordan 18 l'avantage sur les cadeaux des articles d'habillement de Bape sur Internet, avec son approvisionnement limité, la disponibilité de votre produit désiré de chaussures nike femme air max vêtements de Bape sera un détail sûr outre l'économie énorme que vous allez faire avec parce new balance basket ball que des solutions de vêtements de Bape sont fournies grâce à Internet avec tous les meilleurs Air Jordan 6 pas cher coûts que vous pourriez jamais avoir. Inclus dans ce domaine est l'étude sur l'anatomie de l'œil, adidas zx flux adv virtue ses maladies, en même temps que les procédures chirurgicales concernées en cas de chirurgie est en effet essentielle asics gel lyte 3 rose gold solde pour un client spécifique. Si un problème au pied ou au bas du dos survient dans votre vie, vous air jordan 3 devez réagir positivement.